Re: any suggestions for KISS/AX25 decoding Python Libs ?

On Sun, Apr 15, 2018 at 2:25 PM, N0AGI <n0agi@...> wrote:

Hey fellow RASPI/TNC-Pi users/devs

I am building an app in Python that opens a serial connection into /dev/ttyAMA0 (TNC-PI’s) and reads the inbound KISS / AX25 (APRS) packets.  The inbound packet however, needs to be decoded, parsed and custom processed.

Does anyone here have any recommendations for Python libraries to decode the incoming AX25 format.  Once I get the decoding out of the way, I am planning on using APRSLib to parse and do the processing over the parsed object.

Thanks all

Nagi

Edmonds, WA
K7VE