Re: New list user

Joe K2UF

PS is good and R-pi is new from Amazon.  The write up on the sd card said it could be used with the 3b.  Maybe that was not 100% true.  I'll have to find a local group and have them point me on the right path.

joe

From: RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio@groups.io [mailto:RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio@groups.io] On Behalf Of Clint Bradford
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2018 10:51 PM
To: RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio] New list user

Is your power supply at least 2.5A?

Was this a purchase of a new unit? I have read that if you see the old square symbol,
you're trying to boot an outdated Raspbian with boot code that doesn't support the 3B.
Flash a recent image.

And in the future - take heed as you format your little cards for use in the Pi. I believe
32GB and larger is the breakpoint where the card HAS to be formatted one way - DIFFERENT
from cards with less capacity. I did mine wrong, and the little card heated up so much I could
not hold it! But read the instructions (hams, of course, are notorious for NOT reading manuals (grin)),
and all will be well.

Clint