Re: Stratum One NTP server using a RPi

WA7SKG <wa7skg@...>

Just looked up the Adafruit Ultimate GPS Hat. Neat device! Can it be used with a TNC-Pi for APRS? Right now I'm using a USB GPS puck, but I'm wondering if this might also be a viable option to free up a USB port.

Michael WA7SKG

John D Hays - K7VE wrote on 04/02/2018 10:50 PM:

Yes, I have been running one for a couple of months.
I used the Adafruit Ultimate GPS Hat.
On Mon, Apr 2, 2018, 22:32 w4oa@arrl.net <mailto:w4oa@arrl.net> <w4oa@arrl.net <mailto:w4oa@arrl.net>> wrote:
Anyone using a RPi with a gps as a NTP server? Should work wonders
for FT8, even if is total overkill. :)
I am working on one using an Adafruit gps, got it working today.
Will be checking accuracy over the next few days. The biggest hassle
so far is the wonky serial port/bluetooth port on the Pi.
Mitch W4OA