Re: TNC-PI Checksum error

John G8BPQ

Steve,

It looks like you are using an old version of pitnc_getparams (it should display the TNC Software version before the TXDelay line).
You can download the latest from http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Downloads/NewPITNCParams.zip. Try that and see if it helps.

73,
John G8BPQ

On 06/04/2018 23:49, Steve Jones via Groups.Io wrote:
Hello all:
First time posting in this group, so please excuse me  if I did not search deep enough for this question - but I did search and found nothing related:

I have a TNC-PI (40 Pin connector version) on a Raspberry PI.  I can communicate to the board via the PI's UART input and, additionally via the i2c addresses if I set up for that.
The issue I am having is that in both cases (UART and I2C connections) I appear to be getting a checksum error for both the 'pitnc_setparams' and the 'pitnc_getparams' commands.

Funny thing is that both of these commands do seem to work correctly - e.g. I can "set and get" parameters correctly but still get the checksum error.

The following is an example of what I am seeing:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ ./pitnc_getparams 0 0

** Checksum Error - Sum = e Should be Zero

01 TXDelay - Zero means use ADC   0
02 Persistance                   64
03 Slottime (in 10 mS)           10
04 TXTail                         0
05 Full Duplex - Not used         0
06 Our Channel (Hex)             00
07 I2C Address (0 = async) Hex   00
   ADC Value                     77
8 1 0 40 a 0 0 0 0 4d c0 sum e

Does anyone have ANY idea why this may be happening or what to check next?
Additionally, I have tried this on two separate Raspberry Pi's and I get the same response on both.

Thanks!
--
Steve Jones
KA6PRW