Re: TNC-Pi/Raspberry Pi 3

John G8BPQ

Larrie,

I f you are using a reasonably recent Raspian image I suggest you ignore all the instructions about config changes (undo any you've made), and use raspi-config Interfacing Options/Serial menu to disable login shell and enable serial port hardware. Then use /dev/serial0 instead of /dev/ttyAMA0

73, John G8BPQ

On 22/03/2018 03:54, Larrie wrote:
I recently switched out my Raspberry Pi 2 hooked to the 7 inch touch screen for a Raspberry Pi 3.  All seems to be working but I am having trouble getting the Pi 3 to talk to the TNC-Pi.  The TNC-Pi was working fine with the Raspberry Pi 2 and Xastir.  When running Xastir, selecting interface control menu option and adding a KISS mode TNC to the /dev/ttyAMA0 port, results in it always being "down".  I have made all of the changes to the cmdline.txt, config.txt, and the hciattach.service files as listed in the TNC-Pi instructions for the Raspberry Pi3 (and doubled and tripled checked that all changes are correct).  The TNC is working, as the yellow LED lights when incoming packets are detected.  Any ideas on how I might trouble shoot this?
--
Larrie
AF7NU