Re: TNC-Pi/Raspberry Pi 3

Stacy Olivas

On 03/21/2018 08:54 PM, Larrie wrote:
I recently switched out my Raspberry Pi 2 hooked to the 7 inch touch screen for a Raspberry Pi 3.  All seems to be working but I am having trouble getting the Pi 3 to talk to the TNC-Pi.  The TNC-Pi was working fine with the Raspberry Pi 2 and Xastir.  When running Xastir, selecting interface control menu option and adding a KISS mode TNC to the /dev/ttyAMA0 port, results in it always being "down".  I have made all of the changes to the cmdline.txt, config.txt, and the hciattach.service files as listed in the TNC-Pi instructions for the Raspberry Pi3 (and doubled and tripled checked that all changes are correct).  The TNC is working, as the yellow LED lights when incoming packets are detected.  Any ideas on how I might trouble shoot this?

Larrie,
Take a look at the /dev directory and check to make sure that the /dev/ttyAMA0 port is correct.  It is possible that the device is being called something else.  Check dmesg output and see if the device is detected.  (I don't have a TNC-Pi to be able to help you more on this part)

If the device exists, check to make sure that the user you are running Xastir under has permissions to read and write to this device.

-Stacy
KG7QIN

--
Larrie