Re: Setting up my Pi for packet and Winlinkclient

Jerome Kutche

I agree.. What I have found if I explain and show them the basics of installing and setting up they become eager to have me in the backgound… 😊as a tool instead of a crutch… They can ask questions and learn as they do.. I also found many have given up on the configuration too soon and drop everything… I always try to do exactly what you say.. I show them or do it while they watch, and then explain everything.. I have some really gifted understudies that are now probably above my level.. 😊 Thanks jerry

From: RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio@groups.io <RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio@groups.io> On Behalf Of David Ranch
Sent: Thursday, March 8, 2018 4:06 PM
To: RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio] Setting up my Pi for packet and Winlinkclient

Hey Jerry,

That's an awesome offer to make but I encourage you to *not* do everything or Dave won't learn anything.  Packet and BBSes more so are a "journey of learning" to a degree and having that knowledge is key to doing a good job as a sysop.

Good luck!

--David
KI6ZHD

On 03/08/2018 12:13 PM, Jerome Kutche wrote:

If you get SSH going on your pi and your router pointed to it in port forwarding and setup a user and password. I can access it and set things up.. If you need help I can send detail on the above.. 73 jerry

From: RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio@groups.io <RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio@groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave Wright
Sent: Thursday, March 8, 2018 2:59 PM
Subject: Re: [RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio] Setting up my Pi for packet and Winlinkclient

Sure Jerry, what info do you need?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Thursday, March 8, 2018 1:46 PM

Linbpq

bpq32-subscribe@...

I can help you if you like. VIA SSH 73 jerry

From: RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio@groups.io <RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio@groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave Wright
Sent: Thursday, March 8, 2018 2:18 PM
Subject: [RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio] Setting up my Pi for packet and Winlink client

Hello, 

I'm in need of assistance getting my Pi 2 set up to use as a local BBS and access Winlink. 

I have Stretch and a Rigblaster Plug and Play. I need help getting everything working using what ever software is popular now. I would like to be able to take this back to my ARES group so that we can build our packet network even larger.

Thanks!
Dave
KB9MNM

Avast logo

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com

Join RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.