Re: Setting up my Pi for packet and Winlinkclient

Jerome Kutche

I agree.. What I have found if I explain and show them the basics of installing and setting up they become eager to have me in the backgound… 😊as a tool instead of a crutch… They can ask questions and learn as they do.. I also found many have given up on the configuration too soon and drop everything… I always try to do exactly what you say.. I show them or do it while they watch, and then explain everything.. I have some really gifted understudies that are now probably above my level.. 😊 Thanks jerry

From: RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio@groups.io <RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio@groups.io> On Behalf Of David Ranch
Sent: Thursday, March 8, 2018 4:06 PM
To: RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio] Setting up my Pi for packet and Winlinkclient

Hey Jerry,

That's an awesome offer to make but I encourage you to *not* do everything or Dave won't learn anything.  Packet and BBSes more so are a "journey of learning" to a degree and having that knowledge is key to doing a good job as a sysop.

Good luck!

On 03/08/2018 12:13 PM, Jerome Kutche wrote:

If you get SSH going on your pi and your router pointed to it in port forwarding and setup a user and password. I can access it and set things up.. If you need help I can send detail on the above.. 73 jerry