Re: Installling on a pi NOOBS?

Marty Hartwell

Hi
I may be wrong here but it is my understanding that NOOBS is a way to
get Raspian installed onto the disk, then the Pi is booted and the OS
is installed. Another way to do that is download Raspian image in compressed format, and install it using a terminal and dd for instance.

Marty

On 02/03/2018 05:55 PM, Eric Svalland n2jhj@twcny.rr.com [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] wrote:
I don't know if things have changed, but I remember reading that NOOBS was a striped down/bare bones version of Raspian for the Pi. I would recommend that you skip NOOBS, and go with the full version of Raspian for the Pi, as it will include quite a few packages that you will need for various ham radio applications.
If you're running in GUI, go to the wifi/eth icon in the taskbar. Could be something simple as clicking on the icon and selecting "Enable WiFi". If that doesn't do it, use your favorite search engine and search for "enable wifi in noobs". You should see a few listings within forums and how to web pages. Sorry can't be of more help. Never used NOOBS, so I can't provide you with more in-depth trouble shooting tips, tricks or ideas.
Good Luck,
v/r,
 Eric
On 2/2/2018 22:35, n6kmr@frontiernet.net [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] wrote:

I have installed NOOBS on my pi 2. I re loaded the complete OS on my card. It loads up and seems to be working BUT... When I try to connect to the internet via my modem it tells me

wlan0 Not associated??? the wire less is a USB 2.0 wireless 802.11N, It sees the modem and such but thats as far as I go??? any help???

73's

JIm