From: Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@... [mailto:Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@...] On Behalf Of ferrymanr
Sent: Monday, September 03, 2012 2:30 AM
To: Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@...
Subject: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Re: Raspbian Pices R3

The current release 2012-08-16-wheezy-raspbian is a good basis but the latest firmware update is essetial. If you have not run "rpi-update" you will need to. This utility updates the firmware and related files. If you do not have the utility installed you can get instructions from https://github.com/Hexxeh/rpi-update. The latest firmware seems to cure almost all my USB problems. I can now get all my sound devices, powered hubs and keyboards working without errors (except when RF gets into the USB cables). You still need to do the apt-get udate and apt-get upgrade afterwards to make sure your software is up to date.
Dick G4BBH

--- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@..., "The Silver Fox" >