Re: Pi TNC showing up with some Unsupported Packet Format messages.

Marty Hartwell

Hi

Sorry this may be slightly off topic but how does one create an image of
an operating system.

I am thinking this could come in handy in the future.

Marty kd8bj

On 05/29/2017 08:20 PM, Laird Solomon ve3lks@yahoo.ca
[Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] wrote:

Have you tried creating an image of the SD card of the one thay works
and then put that image on the SD card of the one that does not work?

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
<https://overview.mail.yahoo.com/mobile/?.src=Android>

I have two Pi TNCs both connected to their own 25 watt mobile radio.

Looking at APRS.fi raw data for the beacon of one of them, I am
seeing an "Unsupported Packet Format" - message
Here is a good one, and one right below it that is bad
2017-05-29 14:09:46 MDT: KD7TRN-4
<https://aprs.fi/?c=raw&limit=&call=KD7TRN-4>>APRX28,qAR,W7BOZ
<http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&limit=&call=W7BOZ>:!4145.84NI11150.57W&Tx-iGate
2017-05-29 14:19:00 MDT: KD7TRN-4
<https://aprs.fi/?c=raw&limit=&call=KD7TRN-4>>APRX28,qAR,W7BOZ
<http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&limit=&call=W7BOZ>:HS<0xa2><0xaa>r<0xc2><0xa2>r%<0xc5>1150.57W&Tx-iGate
[Unsupported packet format]

Th

The other one does not ever have the Unsupported packet format
message in the raw of aprs.fi. I have connected them both to the
same radio, and have tweaked the TX delay and still get the message.
Ideas?

Kevin N7RXE