Re: Poll results for Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO

Jonathan Scherch

For what's its worth, as a newbie, I'd vote to keep the group pi-centric. Plenty to discuss / explore in Pi alone.

My two volts. :)

de KK7PW

--- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, Jim Thisdale wrote:

Agreed... Poll too short to capture good data.

Should stay Pi only...

-Jim-
http://n1jmm.no-ip.org

On 1/28/13 1:30 PM, Robert Nickels wrote:
On 1/28/2013 11:37 AM, andelscott wrote:
Is this really representative - the poll has been open for less than 2
hours!
Agreed. I was still pondering the pros and cons. I generally like
having groups with broad focus, but when I'm trying to solve a problem,
it's nice not to have to wade through gobs of irrelevant material to get
to what I'm really interested in. I do have a Delete key and never
assume the role of "list police", it's just a matter of what the
purpose of the group is.

It seems to me that diluting this group to include other (much less
popular) linux boards will decrease the focus on the R-Pi and lead to
confusion when posts are not specific to one board or another - but
based on the two hour poll, I'm clearly outnumbered!

73, Bob W9RAN