Re: Puppy on a RPI 2+

Marty Hartwell

Hi

I hadn't even considered a bad port on the Pi, I did test the cable and
continuity tested good, however I
did try another one just in case, I didn't think there would be a
difference, I had use a different cable before
with the same results. I still think it is some setting somewhere that
is being caused by the odd Comcast
router I seem to have here. But from past experience I am not sure I
want to try to work with the Comcast
technical support. I will just purchase a USB wi-fi of my own, I
probably will want one anyway eventually.

I have started on setting up this Pi and compile Fldigi and it's suite
of code to try a small compact digital
station, I not sure that I can do any better than just a small laptop
could but it will be somewhat fun anyway.

I am one of those few people that don't mind doing trouble shooting on
PC's or rigs, I usually learn a lot more
if it doesn't go so smoothly the first few times.

Thanks for your help here, I may end up getting another Pi sometime
later, and see if that one works on my
cable network, but I won't hold my breath, now that the Pi 3 is out I
may run into a cheap Pi2 if so I will try it .

Marty

PS. If you run across something that you think might help let me know
and I can try it out easy enough.

On 05/02/2016 09:30 PM, David Ranch dranch@trinnet.net
[Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] wrote:

Wow.. that's rather interesting Marty! I don't know what to say other
than either you have a bad ethernet port or a bad ethernet cable. I
have ONCE seen a similar issue with a bad ethernet cable where pings
would work but FTP would not. Strange as it sounds, it was very
reproducible. Just for giggles on your WIRED connection, try the
following command that sends PING pings:

ping -s 1500 10.0.0.1

Does that work?