Re: Puppy on a RPI 2+

Marty Hartwell

I will get that a little later when I respond with the other information.

Marty

On 04/30/2016 01:51 PM, David Ranch dranch@trinnet.net
[Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] wrote:

I don't see how changing this setting will help Marty's situation.
He's getting an IP, he's getting a default gateway, he's getting DNS
servers. To me, all this means that things are coming up A-OK with
the current /etc/network/interfaces but there is something else
wrong. I've once seen an issue with Comcast IPv6 on a Windows7
machine (years ago now) where there were really strange mixed IPv4 and
IPv6 issues in connecting to Gmail.com. Once I had disabled IPv6,
things were ok but I don't know if that's a proper solution anymore.

If Marty is willing to stick with it, I bet we can get dual stack
(mixed IPv6 and IPv4) working on his Rpi just fine.

Btw.. I found this URL might get things in the right direction:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/IPv6#IPv6_on_Comcast

The problem here is we don't know what specific hardward Marty is
using for his Cablemodem.

Marty: Can you tell us the Manufacturer and model of your specific
cablemodem?