Re: Error message on Rpi 2 B+

Marty Hartwell

Hi

Thanks for pointing that out, I know I saw it but didn't catch the third place 1. I will look at my others,
and that was from this computer which is wifi connected but will check the file on the Rpi to make sure
it is correct along with the second line too. I will come back also with what is actually in the Rpi file too
for you to see.
It may take a while many doctor appointments today and getting ready to travel and will be gone about
a week, vacation to visit grandkids.

Marty kd8bj

On 03/13/2016 11:16 PM, David Ranch dranch@trinnet.net [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] wrote:

Hello Marty,

# DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND -- YOUR CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN
nameserver 127.0.1.1
search hsd1.tn.comcast.net"
Strange.. I just installed a new Raspian Jessie Lite and it doesn't use dnsmasq by default but regardless, the "127.0.1.1" seems suspect to me.. it should be "127.0.0.1". Try changing that with:

sudo nano /etc/resolv.conf

Make the change, save, and exit Nano. At that point, does "ping www.google.com" work?