Re: File transfer over APRS?

Marty Hartwell

OK, well I think I am having DHCP issues or something I will looking
into it.

Marty kd8bj

On 03/04/2016 04:48 PM, Andy McMullin andy@rickham.net
[Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] wrote:

Hi again,

Nope. Sorry but mine just works! It get addressing and routing info
from its dhcp request of my router. Then connects with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone

On 4 Mar 2016, at 20:50, Marty Hartwell mhartwe@gmail.com
[Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] <Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com>
wrote:

Hi Andy

Maybe you can help on another issue I am having. With the RPi 2 B+
I can't get the browser to connect
through my router. However I can connect to the admin port and login so
the cable is good. I think I had
an indication that it couldn't get the routing list or something. Have
you heard of this?

Marty kd8bj

On 03/04/2016 08:43 AM, Andy McMullin andy@rickham.net
[Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] wrote:

Marty,

FL-Digi is on the list of software that can be installed by just
"ticking the box" in the add/remove software application. No need to
recompile, just install, configure and go.
Supposedly D-RATS is the same, but that one doesn't do anything on my
Pi2.

I hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone

On 4 Mar 2016, at 13:57, Marty Hartwell mhartwe@gmail.com
[Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] <Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com>
wrote:

Hi

Newbe here so beware of possible misinformation, but it is my
understanding that Fldigi suite can be
compiled on the RPi 2B and with it messages can be transmitted to get
this information out.

I just got my Pi for Christmas last and I haven't done much with
it but
plan on doing just this, get the
needed requirements loaded to compile and use fldigi-suite. Maybe
later
adding another one for packet.

Marty kd8bj

On 03/03/2016 12:17 PM, 'n5xmt1@yahoo.com' n5xmt1@yahoo.com
[Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] wrote:

APRS limits the total number of characters that can be sent in a
message. It breaks up larger messages into smaller ones like the old
original cellphone texting did at 140 characters

Sent by MailWise <http://www.mail-wise.com/installation/2> – See your
emails as clean, short chats.