Re: PI TNC Availability

Ronny <k4rjjradio@...>

Bump.
Count me in for a A&T version. My soldering is not good. I assume by the DB-9F that the second serial port for GPS is a standard one.

Looks great!
Ronny
K4RJJ

--- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "John Wiseman" wrote:

Hi folks,

I've been working on a TNC for the PI. It is based on the TNC-X, shrunk to
the same size as the PI, and with the RS232 interface replaced by a 26 way
stackable header. The TNC communicates with the PI via the i2c bus, which
allows more than one to be connected to the PI, or via the PI's async port.
It can be used with any PI packet software that supports a KISS TNC. For
i2c, I've written a driver the converts from the i2c protocol to standard
KISS over a virtual serial (pty) port.

John Hansen W2FS, who produces the TNC-X, has agreed to supply the PI
version..It will be available both as a kit and assembled and tested. It
will take a few weeks to get boards made, but it would be helpful to know
roughly how many people are interesting in purchasing it. If you are
interested, please email me, off-list if you prefer.

For those new to the group who haven't seen them, there are photos at

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31910649/PI_1.png
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31910649/PI_
2.png
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31910649/PI_