Re: New PI 3

Jerome Kutche

It holds it well.. Very well.. Why I asked instead of assuming it was broken.. J Just does not have the press and eject function on mine.. But does slide in and I cannot shake it out at all.. Seems like just a different holder.. ???? Would like opinions just to see if its normal… Works great..

Just got this back from the Canakit group.. Excellent!!!

Hi there,

Thanks for your order.  In the Pi 3, they have changed the MicroSD mechanism.  The Pi 2 had a relatively large number of defects due to the MicroSD card slot breaking or not retaining the card, and so they have changed this part in the Pi 3 and what you described is as designed.

Best Regards,

xxxx

CanaKit

Observations.

So far

1)      There is no Firmware update for Raspbian (rpi-update) that allows it to ID the CPU as am arm8l Yet.

2)      Seems much faster..

3)      I do not know how to see if it knows it has the wifi or Bluetooth adapter.. I have reading to do..

4)      Fits perfectly in my Pi2 enclosure

5)      I am off to order more…

73 jerry

Another email coming from me..