Re: Simple FCC Call Sign LookUp Service

g0ukb

Very useful - thank you. I had previously taken the FCC data myelf and built a local sqplite database to allow local lookups,

Global lookup is possible for callsigns registered with qrz.com, hamqth etc as all of these provide APIs to query their data. However this is reliant of the amateurs themselves registering with the websites Sadly many countries (ther UK being an example) do not make their registered ham databases publicly available. The UK equivalent of the FCC is Ofcom and they do make their data available to the UK equivalent of the ARRL - the RSGB but it is not available for general amateur use via a database or API call. This is something on my todo list to see if there is any way the data can be made available.

Brian G0UKB