Re: Question

Mitch

Marty

Yes, Raspbian is a version of Debian GNU Linux which is specifically tailored to the RPi.

FLDIGI is certainly possible and the tarball for compiling is found here.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/fldigi/files/fldigi

The Debian compile from source instructions should work pretty well though by no means are they tailored for the RPi.  There are probably better instructions out there in the ether somewhere.

See: https://fedorahosted.org/fldigi/wiki/Documentation/HOWTO/BuildOnDebian

On Dec 1, 2015 12:42 PM, "Marty Hartwell mhartwe@... [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO]" <Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@...> wrote:

Hi

I recently sent an email to the linux ham yahoo group asking if the OS
on a Raspberry PI
is a version of Linux, and now realize I should have sent it here
instead or too.
So is Raspian, if that is the correct name for the OS, a version of
Linux. A related question is
can a version of Linux be used on the Raspberry PI.

Is there a PDF file explaining the Raspberry PI or some of the things it
can be used for? I think
I want one to play with but being a ham I think it would be nice to use
it as a small foot print
dedicated to digital use so, I would want to be able to set it up to
build and operate Fldigi
and that suite of tools on it. I have seen reference to someone using
one for DSTAR but I
am not into that now.

Marty kd8bj