Re: Orange PI $15 clone...thoughts...

n6ws

I received my $15 Orange Pi PC last week.  I first tried the Raspbian downloaded from the the link on the Orange website.  It seemed to be working good, but I didn't spend much time playing with it.  I then tried Debian, but could only get the 720-60Hz script to work with the HDMI port.  I then loaded DXSpider, and it has been running for about a week with no problems.
73, Bill
N6WS

On 09/03/2015 01:13 PM, am_fm_radio@... [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] wrote:

I was doing some surfing this afternoon. I found out there is a "Raspberry PI 2" clone Not identical but sells for $15...Plus $3.51 shipping from China..It features a few items
*A7 quad core 1.6Ghz chip.
*mini USB OTG port (supports USBdisk drives)
*on board microphone... should be easy to convert to line in.
*power switch
*coax barrel power connector
* IR receiver

They have a variant (more $$$) with 1000baseT and 802.11 b/g/n wireless

The big question especially for us who have TNC-PI's is will it work with one? I'm also thinking FLDIGI on the cheap..

Anyhow the important documentation I found took me an hour to find. Here are the links.

Orange Pi Home:
http://www.orangepi.org/

Where to buy:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Orange-Pi-PC-linux-and-android-mini-PC-Beyond-Raspberry-Pi-2/32448079125.html

Orange Pi wiki

http://www.orangepi.org/Docs/mainpage.html

Schematics:
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1jGw2JUA

Regards,

Larry W8LM
ARRL Life Member
President, VFW post 3115 Amateur Radio Club, W0VFW, Wichita, KANSAS