Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2015 3:35 PM
Subject: Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] external power for Pi 2 not from mini usb

I found a device which makes it nice to use the USB connector.

Tadd Torborg

On Feb 16, 2015, at 3:12 PM, David Cooley n5xmt1@... [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] <Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@...> wrote:

yes, one of my projects powers the pi on the 5v on the GPIO header. pinout is the same as the first 26 pins of the old model B and 100% the same as the B+

T o: Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@...
Date: Monday, February 16, 2015, 11:53 AM

HelloI have the new RPi 2 and am
thrilled. It will run FLDIGI and other applications. I will
mount it on my go kit as a portable self contained FL Digi
environment. To power this I need to connect my 3 amp 12 v
to 5 v converter to the PI. I think the best way to d this
is via GPIO. It is messy to try to use the mini usb and
adapt that to the 12 v to 5 v step down transf ormer. Can
anyone point me to the best approach to doing this? I
considered soldering leads on phenolic but I think that
could create damage. Also are the GPIO of RPi 2 the same as
for the Rpi B model it replaces? I have two of those to
"test" purposes.

Thanks Scott
Sheppard KJ4ZZB