Re: Getting a Raspberry Pi 2 Model B Quad Core 1GB RAM

Ronny Julian <k4rjjradio@...>

Good luck Dave.  I've just worked around it and seek out the people who are not so arrogant.  Same thing in learning about Ham Radio.  All flame emails in reply to this will be cheerfully deleted and ignored.  You know who you are.

There are answers out there it just takes patience.

Ronny
K4RJJ

On Sun, Feb 8, 2015 at 3:21 PM, isisdave@... [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] <Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@...> wrote:

I have just retired from many, many years of experience in computers, which I mention only as the source of the following observation:

When you post a question in the Windows world, everyone thinks they know more than you, and will give you detailed instructions, even if they're wrong or don't apply to your situation.

In the Linux world, everyone assumes you're an expert, or at least have extensive experience, and make suggestions like "just install it from the repository," as if you knew what the heck that was, or where it is, or how to use it.

I'm not sure WHY either of those is so, and continue to look for the middle ground!

73 de Dave KF6XA