Re: Getting a Raspberry Pi 2 Model B Quad Core 1GB RAM

Patricia Wilson <wilson.pr.gm@...>

Repositories are always behind the latest release. There are several (many?) different repositories, one for each flavor of linux. Some of the packages are maintained at near current by the distro people. Many are not but must be updated by the people who maintain the software. Or at least that's my understanding.
Please remember that ALL of the people working on fl* are volunteers. Also keep in mind that while raspy is a descendant of debian nearly all debians run on Intel machines. The pi is still something of a niche. I was surprised as heck that there was a build of fldigi for the pi and even more surprised at how easy it was to build flrig.

Anyone who is running fl software should join the linuxham group in yahoo groups. The guy that writes the software hangs around there.