Re: PI and HSMM

Ronny Julian <k4rjjradio@...>

I prefer mine outside in a metal box just below the feedpoint of the vert. antenna.  One inch of feedline.  Nothing coming down the mast but CAT5.  PoE adapters make this happen.  I have two ready to go as soon as I get the antennas.
Ronny
K4RJJ

On Sun, Nov 16, 2014 at 11:09 AM, Roy Crosier valvetimer@... [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] <Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@...> wrote:

Be careful when using Linksys hardware if you value your HF operations. The blue boxes from the years around 2003 - 2010 emit a lot of noise that ruins many HF bands if the box is in the vicinity (house) of the HF radio. I had a lot of trouble before I realized
what was causing my problems with noise on HF.

Roy AC9DN

--
"A man must keep a little back shop where he can be himself without reserve. In solitude alone can he know true freedom."
-Michel De Montaigne 1588