Re: Time lapse photography

Max

If you are talking about the Raspberry Pi Foundation camera then yes it does work with motion. I have one set up pointing at my driveway and it only takes pictures when there is motion. There was a special motion-mmal file that made it work. It been so long I don't remember how I set it up though. I THINK this is the discussion where I got the info.

Hope this helps, Max KG4PID

From: "k6acj@... [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO]"
To: Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@...
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2014 10:11 AM
Subject: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Time lapse photography

I am getting ready for FD and want to setup a Pi with Pi-Cam for time lapse photography of the FD event.  I know a tiny bit about motion software when using a Logitech web cam but am not sure if it works with the Element 14 Pi Camera module.    Has anyone used Motion and the Pi-Cam, I'd like to use the feature to record when there is motion only to save some space on the 500 gig external hard drive used for storage.  My Logitech/Motion combo seems to record all the time.   Bill k6acj