Re: Rapsberri and APRS Setup Question

Ronny Julian <k4rjjradio@...>

If you are a real Linux person and are not afraid to go out and build from source, track down maps, find dependencies etc give this a try.  I did make it work but the interface is not user friendly and the text is not changeable as easy as the rest of the OS.  I have some eyesight challenges and found this made the program even more of a non starter.

If it works for you keep making it better.  I'd like to see many more good APRS programs.  Remember YAAC was born out of one guy taking a challenge and it went from nothing to good function in a short time.  If you have not seen Garys video on it give it  a look.

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 4:17 AM, max wheatley <max@...> wrote:

Hey Ronny

Those are just the very problems I had when I took a quick look .... so it wasn't just me ....

Thanks

Max

On 28/04/2014 10:18, Ronny Julian wrote:
Ray I see no difference when it is not working.  I'm not going to bother trying anymore to cobble the thing together when YAAC works better out of the box for me. Why does the community have an old repository version if that is not the latest and greatest?  Why is  compiling from source even needed if the group wants this to be a widely used program?  I don't see FLDigi having these issues?  I install XUbuntu
 on a friends machine and that is the first program I get for them.  Always works great from the start.

Ronny
K4RJJ