Re: xastir autostart

Ray Wells

Being a shell script, you may need to have "#!/bin/bash" as the first line, making the script ....

#!/bin/bash
# wait 30 seconds
sleep 30
# now really start xastir
exec /bin/xastir

Ray vk2tv

On 28/04/14 05:12, g4sra wrote:

On 27/04/14 11:29, ramsatphones@... wrote:
> Hi
>
> The issue I have is that using the .config/autostart/xstir.desktop method xastir starts before startx has finished. So xastir is running but in the back ground.
That should not happen until after the desktop has loaded, I will have
to investigate that myself it may be a bug (that needs reporting).

> How can I delay the start up of xastir until after startx has finished?

A very quick bodge to get you by for now...

Create '/usr/local/bin/start_xastir.sh' with the contents

# wait 30 seconds
sleep 30
# now really start xastir
exec /bin/xastir

and make it executable 'chmod u+x /usr/local/bin/start_xastir.sh'

and launch that from xastir.desktop instead

Exec=/usr/local/bin/start_xastir.sh