Re: Raspberry Pi APRS

Ronny Julian <k4rjjradio@...>

John I'm following your DCC example and as you mentioned I'm only loading Georgia.  What other options should I check? on Map Chooser? GPS?  I do have a USB GPS.  Thanks!
Ronny K4RJJ

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 12:19 PM, John Hansen <coastalchip@...> wrote:

It does take a while for the map to initially load.  You can reduce the amount of time this takes by only loading the map area that you are going to use (because initially it loads up all the maps you've specified on the map chooser).

John W2FS

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 6:46 AM, Ronny Julian <k4rjjradio@...> wrote:

Having a devil of a time getting Xastir to work at any decent speed on the Raspberry Pi.  I've downloaded and saved maps offline and I have a 32GB card for this.  The program runs as slow as it did back when I tried it on an old Pentium machine.  Has anyone gotten this to run well or do I just need to grab one of these Quad Core boards with 2 GB onboard and run XUbuntu?  I hate to give up on the Pi.  Any other leaner APRS programs for the Pi out there?  Thanks!  K4RJJ