Re: QRSS on the Pi?

Stephen Farthing <squirrox@...>

Hi Paul,

I guess you are looking at the G0UPL Arduino shield, which I believe is a transmitter, I used to do kits with G0UPL for QRSS beacons but no longer do so. I think he did this shield to promote a book for the ARRL which he part wrote.

Making a QRSS transmitter driven by an Arduino is quite easy. However a receiver is a different matter. The biggest problem with QRSS is the lack of "grabber" stations. A "grabber" station is a high stability receiver connected to a computer running some software, such as Argo, which recovers the QRSS signal from the AF output from the receiver. This is then displayed on the screen. The screen image is periodically uploaded to the internet. This can then be viewed by the operator of the QRSS transmitter to see how far his signals have got. It is a lot of fun.

What I want to do is to take the PC out of the equation and replace it with a Pi and a 3.2 inch touch screen. Do ing the screen side of things is easy using one of these

and some logic or the Guzunty FPGA board.

So all I need is to find a QRSS decoder that run's on the Pi.

73s Steve G0XAR

On 21 January 2014 21:31, <deadgoose@...> wrote:

There is an Arduino shield for QRSS that looks interesting. Next project..

It is programmable, so maybe tie RPi and Arduino together?

73 /paul W3FIS