Re: GUI Programming

Look into node.js -- http://nodejs.org/   It allows realtime, non-blocking, UI using JavaScript on the server and client.  Spend a few hours exploring examples on the Internet.

HTML 5 and jQuery will provide sliders, etc.

https://nodejsmodules.org/tags/device

Watch for my talk on Web based radio interfaces once Gary has time to edit the DCC conference at http://arvideonews.com/hrn/index.html

John D. Hays
K7VE
PO Box 1223, Edmonds, WA 98020-1223

On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 9:21 AM, <k6acj@...> wrote:

I have successfully setup WiFi for each of my 3 Pies using different methods and remote RS232 from an old TNC & radio located upstairs to my station desktop down stairs and can control command line python programs to remote control motors but I am at a cross roads to develop on-screen buttons and sliders for motor control especially since I will access the Pi web server.  I am a bit confused about using Java as I don't know who to find the libraries with buttons and sliders.  Sure would help to know a computer science student, they have access to so many development tools.

Anyway, the Pi is so flexible, its impossible not to dream up ideas.   Billacj