Re: minicom and the TNC-Pi

John D. Hays
K7VE
PO Box 1223, Edmonds, WA 98020-1223

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 12:29 PM, rosswebmail <russell.mail.misc@...> wrote:

Just a follow-up for those interested...

I finished the first phase of my Python programming for this and for someone that's new to Python, it goes together very quickly!

I have a TCP/IP server and two clients. The 'tncclient' program reads the data from the TNC-Pi and sends it up to the server, which stores the latest. The 'guiclient' hits the server at a quick rate to update the displays and retrieves the latest packet from the TNC.

Now I can have it distributed across my LAN and not be so bound to the Pi & TNC. It's kinda like what can be done with AGWPE, but I have much more control! Whee!!

I'll experiment with queueing up packets for history, but I'll need to keep track of memory usage on that Pi.

Thanks for all the help, everyone.

Ross NN5RR