Re: Raspberry with Ircddbgateway

pe1bzf_william_the_netherlands <wvsutphen@...>

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply.
i test this weekend the update

The radio i use is an ICOM IC-207 with the DVRPTR and using the G4KLX software form Jonathan.
Both ircddbgateway as the repeater (version number is unknown on this moment)
I connect to the DCS007 J reflector. This reflector is used by a group of local d-star enthusiasts.
regards,

William

--- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "John D. Hays" <john@...> wrote:

The Ethernet problem is based a flag problem on the USB in the Pi -- if you
haven't done so, update firmware and kernel

https://github.com/Hexxeh/rpi-update

The connection problem could be a variety of things, which ircDDB server
are you using (group-1, group-2, or test)?

What radio / adapter / SW are you using for the repeater?

------------------------------
John D. Hays
K7VE
PO Box 1223, Edmonds, WA 98020-1223
<http://k7ve.org/blog> <http://twitter.com/#!/john_hays>
<http://www.facebook.com/john.d.hays>

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 11:51 AM, pe1bzf_william_the_netherlands <
wvsutphen@...> wrote:

**

Hi all,

I setting up my raspberry debian with ircddb (also known as Jonathan
software)following the instructions from Hans-J. Barthen, DL5DI (see files
section).
Because the raspberry must work standalone with no monitor attached, i
setup the system remote with an ssh terminal session.

I found the following (strange) issues.

1. after installing ircddbgateway plus repeater SW and config the software
using ircddbgw_conf, the gateway seemst to work. I can hear myself (roger
beep) and simplex connections.
2. i cannot connect to a DCS server (probaly not configured right, needs
extra investigation)
3. after reboot, i lost my ethernet connection. there is no IP address
anymore. Not given by the DHCP server also (checked)
so i cannot open a SSH terminal session to check what is wrong.

The only way to bring live into the raspberry, is by reimage the SD card
en start allover again.
Ofcourse, i can connect and reconfigure Jonathan softare again with the
same previous results.

It seems to be a circle excercise.

Who can help me with this issue ?
for me, the most important and fustrating issue is losing my IP connection.

Thanks,

William, PE1BZF