Von: Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Raspberry_Pi_4-
Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com] Im Auftrag von sierrapermaculture
Gesendet: Freitag, 21. September 2012 00:11
An: Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com
Betreff: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Re: PI TNC - progress report.

Just curious, but how could such low-power transceivers be of any
practical use for packet? Wouldn't the RF footprint be so limited that
hardly anyone in the neighborhood would be able to use it? Am I missing
something here... or is the plan to use an amplifier for wider coverage?

Paul

--- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Raspberry_Pi_4-
Ham_RADIO%40yahoogroups.com> , Bill Vodall <wa7nwp@...> wrote:

These are tiny 100 mW 434MHz data tranceivers - see
http://www.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Wireless/General/RFM22B.pdf. I plan
to do
a version of the TNC using this module.
How about the RFM12BP for a bit more punch?

https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=157