wifo support

John G8BPQ

I found this on the pi site today. I haven't tried it, but am running a RTL8188 CUS based dongle, installed manually.

WiFi is now supported out of the box

If your WiFi driver is supported by the default linux tree, or is based on the popular RTL8188CUS chipset, then WiFi should work out of the box. Boot the image with the WiFi dongle plugged in (a powered hub is recommended). Run startx and select “WiFi Config”. You can scan for wireless networks and enter your wireless password and connect from the GUI. No need to install additional packages or scripts.

The post is mainly about performance improvements.

73, John G8BPQ