Re: Start with Pi #raspberrypi

Randy, N5KCC

I started with HamPi but switched over to Build-a-Pi by KM4ACK. You really can't go wrong with either but my preference, for what I like to do, is Build-a-Pi. It's an incredible ham radio software installer and the amount of videos the creator puts out is astounding. He has a great piece of software and a great knack to teach. I would recommend watching this video. It explains the software very well.
With either choice, you will spend less time resolving dependencies and compiling source code and more time operating - it's really up to individual preference.