Re: Getting the Pi to get accurate time for XSJT-X

You can always add a GPS, and run gpsd and chrony.

On Sun, Jan 9, 2022, 20:43 Charles MacDonald VA3CPY <aa508@...> wrote:
I have a Pi 4, and am using the mid December version of Hampi.  (ie the
one before new years update.

the time takes a few moments to set itself, but then deems to drift.

if I type timedatectl
  in a console, I find that systemd-timesyncd.service active: is
indicating that the service is NOT running.

searching on the internet I get all sorts of anwers, most suggesting
installing ntpd invariably followed by another post saying No that is
not the way to do it.

I don't think I have changed any settings from the way hampi was
packaged.  I just made a new sd card of the system about a week before
the new years update, and I noticed that some folks were having problems
with the latest version using wsjt-x so I am hesitant to start fresh
with hampi 2.0.

I am sure that their is a simple thing that I have missed.  the pi is
plugged into my local network, (which then is connected to the net via
DSL)  and the kubuntu pcs on that network seem to manage to stay in sync.

ideas?

--
Charles MacDonald  VA3CPY               Stittsville Ontario
cmacd@...              Just Beyond the Fringe