Raspberry Pi Monitor #raspberrypi #screen

Aaron K5ATG

Hello all,
I'm still pretty new to the RPI screen. I have the Raspberry Pi 4 with 4gb RAM. The main reason why I got the RPI 4 is for portable radio operations. I love to do digital modes and I use a recumbent trike as my transportation to and from operating locations so I have to keep my gear small enough to be loaded on the trike. I'm looking for something that I can use as a portable monitor that does not break the bank. I have an old Kindle Fire HD 8.9" that I would love to use as a monitor but I have not been able to find out if you can or not. I would really appreciate any help or ideas.