From: RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio@groups.io <RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio@groups.io> on behalf of Ken Curtis via groups.io <kcurtis51@...>
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2021 12:01 PM
To: RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio@groups.io <RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio] Heat sinks

The issue/problem is with a RPi zero 2 W overheating, whereas this case specifies that it is for a RPi 4. Totally different case requirements. However, this case DOES SHOW it is for a zero 2 W, and it shows a heat sink:

https://coolcomponents.co.uk/collections/cases-enclosures/products/raspberry-pi-zero-2-w-case

Maybe it will work?

Ken KC3ROF

On 11/17/2021 10:10 AM, Tadd KA2DEW in NC via groups.io wrote:

have you seen the FLIRC case?

It makes a marvelous heat sync, is quiet and looks good.
The downsides of it is access to internal connectors requires opening the case, and the WiFi / Bluetooth performance suffers.

Tadd / KA2DEW  http://qrz.com/db/ka2dew
tadd@...
Raleigh NC  FM05pv

North Carolina ham-radio chatRoom Network: http://ncpacket.net/north_carolina_packet_radio_network.html
Packet networking over ham radio: http://tarpn.net/t/packet_radio_networking.html
Local Raleigh ham radio info: http://torborg.com/a
Ham Shack Hotline # 11173

On Nov 17, 2021, at 9:55 AM, Doc Dowd, W1DOC <bdowd48@...> wrote:

Maybe "up your heat sink" game:
Use a copper, rather than an aluminum heat sink. It transfers heat more efficiently.
Fins are only effective if you are using a cooling fan to move the air around.
Use thermal paste instead of a stick on pad.