Problems with thumbdrive backup #hampi

John

I would like to generate a backup for my Raspberry Pi-4b prior to upgrading HamPi.  My setup uses a hard drive.

I have a 32 GB flash drive now.  I used it to try to transfer a backup with an error and it would give an error and limit the file to 4 GB.  That file was deleted.

First, I want to change the name of the thumb drive directly.  When I try to do that I find I get an error and it doesn't change the name.

Second, can I delete the extra files that where already on the thumb drive (when purchased, I think).

Attached is a screen grab of what happened and what the directory permissions are.

John,  W0GN