Re: Raspberry Pi-400 - Hermes Lite 2

Marty Hartwell

Hi Nigel

Does this work on the Pi 4B+ 8GB also? I am thinking of migrating from my old laptop

I use for home use, which has a 500GB SSD courently and it would be nice to keep a

near like but more up to date replacement.

Marty kd8bj

On 7/9/21 10:45 AM, Nigel Gunn, G8IFF/W8IFF wrote:
You don't. It does it all by itself, as if by magic.

On 09/07/2021 10:56 raclausi <raclausi@kw.igs.net> wrote:

How do you configure it to boot from an external USB drive…

Sent from my iPad rich clausi RC Software and Data

On Jul 9, 2021, at 10:00 AM, Nigel Gunn, G8IFF/W8IFF <nigel@ngunn.net> wrote:

Raspberry Pi 400 works fine. OS is basically Debian so you'll be OK there.
Remember that a Pi 400 will boot from an external USB drive so as small USB SSD works fine. I'm using the Samsung T7 model MU-PC500R. It's 500GB for around 80USD.

On 09/07/2021 02:03 Pierre FK8IH <jb.gallauziaux@gmail.com> wrote:

New member of this group and old OM planning to move to SDR
I'm thinking to a Raspberry Pi-400 with a 13.3" HDMI LCD IPS 1920x1080 tactile screen to work a Hermes Lite 2 transceiver.
I'm totally new to Raspberry with a good experience of Debian.
Is it a good and workable idea? I would use mainly Quisk, JS8Call, WSJTX and fldigi and guess I should load Linux Debian softwares. Can this softwares be easily loaded in the Pi-400? With what amount of memory for the micro-SD card?
73 - Pierre - FK8IH
Nigel A. Gunn, ///shoulders.outwards.resolutions tel +1-937-971-0366
Amateur Radio G8IFF W8IFF and GMRS WRBV701, e-mail nigel@ngunn.net www http://www.ngunn.net