Re: metal case

Siegfried Jackstien

sure an external wifi dongle is another option :-)

why solder to pi? cause modding is fun (if you are skilled and not fear of modding things)

of course ... modding an external wifi dongle (one without antenna socket) is a lot lower risk as soldering direct on your pi board ... and taking one that already has a socket ... is plug and play

happy modding (and a bit of luck)

greetz sigi dg9bfc

ps ... my wifidongle for the antenna analyzer was not available with a socket ... so i HAD TO modify it

Am 16.03.2021 um 15:23 schrieb Mark Griffith via groups.io:

I have 60 years experience with soldering, and I would be hesitant to solder anything to a Pi board.  But, you can take risks if you like.

A simple plug in USB WiFi adapter with an external antenna connector would be much easier, and only about $12 from Amazon or anyplace else if you dislike Amazon.  Why make it difficult for yourself?

Raspbian OS is mostly plug and play with these and it recognizes nearly all of them. And you can just as easily move it to a difference board if necessary in the future.

Just my 2 cents.

Mark
KD0QYN

On Tuesday, March 16, 2021, 8:22:32 AM CDT, Jay Lijoi <lijoi@...> wrote:

After a little digging I have found the antenna. Now the question is do I try a pigtail or cut a slit in the case at the antenna location?

(Henry Post, please don't bother commenting as you know not of which you speak.)
--
Jay
WB2QQJ