Re: metal case

Siegfried Jackstien

i would use a pigtail and external antenna ... you even could locate the antenna then a bit away from the pi and if needed use a directional antenna pointing to your router (just in case you have the router a bit at a distance)

cut the antenna element (sharpie) and solder ground and hot of your pigtail to the pcb ... mount sma (or rp-sma) socket to the case ... and connect a wifi antenna there

depending if your antenna has sma or reverse sma select the correct socket (on wifi antennas reverse sma is quite common)

done

dg9bfc sigi

Am 16.03.2021 um 13:22 schrieb Jay Lijoi:

After a little digging I have found the antenna. Now the question is do I try a pigtail or cut a slit in the case at the antenna location?

(Henry Post, please don't bother commenting as you know not of which you speak.)
--
Jay
WB2QQJ