Re: Which adafruit?

Actually, the Adafruit Ultimate GPS Hat provides PPS which can provide more precise time than a USB GPS. Which can make your RPi a Stratum 0/1 NTP server.

On Thu, Feb 18, 2021, 21:14 JP Tucson, AZ <samcat88az@...> wrote:
Hi Jack,

Instead of a gps hat, check out KM4ACK's youtube vids.

He mentions a usb gps that's like $12 or so...

He also has a video about a program that let's you send your phone's gps data thru wi-fi to the Pi!  Android or Iphone...!

73 - John - N7GHZ

On Thu, Feb 18, 2021, 9:48 PM Jack S <kj7trf@...> wrote:
Thanks, I figure that’s the course I’m on. If I were to summarize what I’d really like is to build:

  1. a Raspberry Pi
  2. with a GPS hat and
  3. backup battery in the requisite enclosure
The software part I’m not as intimidated, as long as there are clear paths. I’m not sure anyone has built in the GPS unit for radio use?If they have, were there non-‘standard’ HamPi install deviations? Any thoughts here?

Thanks a million.