Re: HamPi v2.0 for Raspberry Pi

Tools like the Raspberry Pi imager, dd, Etcher, ... don't look at partitions when copying, they are only looking at sectors.

On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 7:53 AM Nigel Gunn, G8IFF/W8IFF <nigel@...> wrote:
Did you remove any previous partitions from the card? Windows will only see FAT partitions and might well report the card as the wrong size. You might need to remove previous partitions using gparted or similar on a Linux machine and reformat the whole card as FAT32.

On 15/02/2021 10:06 Larry Scantlan <scanco@...> wrote:

Yes, I did. It’s a straight .img file now.  And, it just failed a 3rd time to flash using Balena Etcher.

From: RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio@groups.io [mailto:RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio@groups.io] On Behalf Of Nigel Gunn, G8IFF/W8IFF
Sent: Monday, February 15, 2021 7:43 AM
To: RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio@groups.io; Larry Scantlan <scanco@...>
Subject: Re: [RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio] HamPi v2.0 for Raspberry Pi

Did you un-zx it before trying to write it?

On 14/02/2021 23:22 Larry Scantlan <scanco@...> wrote:

Rolf,

Thank you for your replies and help.  Unfortunately, although I have located the latest version, 1.2a, and have downloaded the zx image, and have run the Balena Etcher to flash it to my 64GB microSD twice, it has failed to finish the validating successfully both times.  I am attempting to try one more time.  Any thoughts on what’s going on?

73,

Larry, NA4DX