Re: USB lock

You can create a udev rule which will make sure the IC-7300 always has a /dev file name that is consistent.  Udev rules files go in /etc/udev/rules.d

See example file content at:
https://gist.github.com/peteonrails/fa99d57b58315a57631956c7e68f4d00

This should create a file /dev/ic7300 when you plug in your radio.  You can then use this instead of /dev/ttyUSBx and will be consistent between invocations.  /dev/ic7300 will be a dynamically assigned link to whichever /dev/ttyUSBx is assigned to the radio.

On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 8:21 AM Jay Lijoi <lijoi@...> wrote:
Good day,

I usually have to go to settings and pick my serial port, usually USB0 in my case, every time I start WSJT-X. Is there a way to have it connect to my ic-7300 consistently, or I'd this just the nature of Linux dynamic allocation of serial devices?

Jay
WB2QQJ
_,_

Kingston, WA