Re: TNC-PI & Xastir... Things I didn't realize or Forgot to check

Ronny Julian <k4rjjradio@...>

It will!  I tried Xastir on the Pi just on a fast internet connection.  Painfully slow is the best I can say.  Anyone got it running fast without overclocking?

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 8:34 PM, iamdadof3 <kc9rqi@...> wrote:

More of a note than a question I'm posting.

I just finished building my TNC-pi and while the voltage test in the instructions came out correct, I still couldn't receive/transmit data via the PI. I re-checked all solder joints, etc just to make sure and no luck.

I went back again and realized that I needed to put the Jumpers in on JP3 & JP4. I didn't think that I was connecting up "using the serial port" as the TNC was connected to the PI via GPIO's. OOPS, that means YES you are using the serial connection. I then performed the instructions on editing the /boot/cmdline.txt and /etc/inittab respectively.

I now had the receive light on, i.e. blinking when I received packets, but still no data was coming across the screen and transmit still wasn't working.

I went to switch to utilize AX.25 tools and immediately noticed in those instructions the serial baud MUST BE SET TO 19200. OOPS again. I switched back to Xastir and changed the port from 9600 to 19200 and LIFE IS GOOD.

Hopefully this my help others and save some troubleshooting and pain.

-73's
Steve