Re: Hey everyone!

Alan Melia

From my experience on groups.io and yahoo the intent is to build a list of group memberships the you can sell. then a spammer will hit the list with ''Hey read this'' and a URL. I guess these days those messages will get deleted by most but the odd inquisative or careless member may infect his haching anf then post virused messages. I suppse it is possible to build a zombie network like that that can be controlled from Russia or China.....

So please moderator put this one on moderation for a few messages and ban for obvious spam attempts.

Alan
G3NYK

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2020 4:32 PM
Subject: Re: [RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio] Hey everyone!

You have to wonder what "she" would be gaining by spamming this topic, though. I agree it looks like a spambot, but maybe it's just someone's idea of an efficient way to contact the most people about learning about the Raspberry Pi. Kind of fishing for mentors. Although in a ham radio group that's like fishing with dynamite. You will get lots of replies ;-)
--
Charles Rich
AK4SR