Re: cgps? xgps?

Ray Wells

On 16/11/20 10:51 am, Bill Cherepy wrote:
I'm thinking of playing with a GPS on my Pi and I've seen and read references to cgps and xgps, but I can't find if these are apps or services or what. Can anyone help?

They're in the package gpsd-clients but be warned, the version in Buster is broken. However the version in backports is ok. If you search gpsd-clients buster backports you should find a howto for getting/installing. This will get you pointed in essentially the right direction. https://www.satsignal.eu/raspberry-pi/UpdatingGPSD.html

Ray vk2tv