Re: JTDX screen size too large - how to correct? #pi #jtdx

Put sudo in front of the editor command. 

On Tue, Nov 3, 2020, 09:30 Alf Blomqvist <oh6ih@...> wrote:
Hi David 

tnx fer advice.

An other problem is that I don't have permission to change the file you mention.

So how do I get permission?

73 Alf
OH6IH

Skickat från min Samsung Galaxy-smartphone.

-------- Originalmeddelande --------
Från: David Ranch <rpi4hamradio-groupsio@...>
Datum: 03-11-2020 18:27 (GMT+02:00)
Ämne: Re: [RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio] JTDX screen size too large - how to correct? #jtdx #pi

Hello Alf,

One thing you can try is to force the HDMI port always on.  To do this, edit the /boot/config.txt and enable the following feature:

hdmi_force_hotplug=1

Save the file and reboot.  Does that help?  If not, I would then research how to force the desired screen resolution that your current monitor supports and also put that into the config.txt file.

Ultimately, there is probably a more elegant way to achieve what you're looking for without forcing the HDMI port to be on and maybe someone on the list can offer that up.

--David
KI6ZHD

On 11/03/2020 07:31 AM, Alf Blomqvist wrote:
Hi,

I got problems when I set up my remote station headless.

With a monitor connected at the remote qth there is no problems with the size of JTDX main screen.

I have tried both Raspberry Pi 3B and Raspberry Pi 4B with same problem - the screen is too large and I'm not able to make the text on the screen smaller - I cannot press ok on setting screen!!

I don't no if this is a Raspberry Pi problem or a JTDX problem.

73 Alf
OH6IH

Join RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.