Re: Unable to compile #tnc

John G8BPQ

The programs compile ok here using Arduino 1.8.9 and Teensyduino 1.47.

It may be something has changed in the latest versions - I suggest you try with the versions I'm using.

John G8BPQ

On 31/10/2020 00:51, mskurnik@... wrote:
I am unable to get the teensy code to compile in Arduino.  I even did a clean install of the Arduino software.  I followed the instructions, installed arduino, installed the addon, copied the files, etc.  When I go to build it complained about not having the Adafruit GFX library so I added it but now it complains about another thing.  This isn't my first Arduino project but I've never had problems like this before.  I guess I'm missing something.

<command-line>:0:18: warning: ISO C++11 requires whitespace after the macro name
In file included from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3/Printable.h:25:0,
                 from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3/Print.h:39,
                 from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3/Stream.h:24,
                 from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3/HardwareSerial.h:252,
                 from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3/WProgram.h:46,
                 from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3/Arduino.h:6,
                 from C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_643498\sketch\SM_Teensy.ino.cpp:1:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3/new.h:41:6: warning: 'void operator delete(void*, size_t)' is a usual (non-placement) deallocation function in C++14 (or with -fsized-deallocation) [-Wc++14-compat]
 void operator delete(void * ptr, size_t size);
      ^
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3/new.h:42:6: warning: 'void operator delete [](void*, size_t)' is a usual (non-placement) deallocation function in C++14 (or with -fsized-deallocation) [-Wc++14-compat]
 void operator delete[](void * ptr, size_t size);
      ^
C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_643498\libraries\Wire\WireKinetis.cpp.o: In function `i2c0_isr':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Wire/WireKinetis.cpp:912: multiple definition of `i2c0_isr'
C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_643498\libraries\TeensyConfig\i2c_t3.cpp.o:C:\Users\me\Downloads\HAM Radio\TeensyProjects\libraries\TeensyConfig/i2c_t3.cpp:1387: first defined here
c:/program files (x86)/arduino/hardware/tools/arm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/5.4.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: Disabling relaxation: it will not work with multiple definitions
C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_643498\libraries\Wire\WireKinetis.cpp.o: In function `Print::availableForWrite()':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Wire/WireKinetis.h:133: multiple definition of `i2c1_isr'
C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_643498\libraries\TeensyConfig\i2c_t3.cpp.o:C:\Users\me\Downloads\HAM Radio\TeensyProjects\libraries\TeensyConfig/i2c_t3.h:921: first defined here
C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_643498\libraries\Wire\WireKinetis.cpp.o: In function `Print::availableForWrite()':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Wire/WireKinetis.h:133: multiple definition of `Wire1'
C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_643498\libraries\TeensyConfig\i2c_t3.cpp.o:C:\Users\me\Downloads\HAM Radio\TeensyProjects\libraries\TeensyConfig/i2c_t3.h:921: first defined here
c:/program files (x86)/arduino/hardware/tools/arm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/5.4.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: Warning: size of symbol `Wire1' changed from 20 in C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_643498\libraries\TeensyConfig\i2c_t3.cpp.o to 108 in C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_643498\libraries\Wire\WireKinetis.cpp.o
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Wire/WireKinetis.h:133: multiple definition of `Wire'
c:/program files (x86)/arduino/hardware/tools/arm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/5.4.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: Warning: size of symbol `Wire' changed from 20 in C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_643498\libraries\TeensyConfig\i2c_t3.cpp.o to 108 in C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_643498\libraries\Wire\WireKinetis.cpp.o
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Error compiling for board Teensy 3.6.

Join RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.